robably the most compelling evidence of the success of Extra Mile and the values-based education it supports is the alumni. Many students who graduate from an Extra Mile funded school continue their education beyond high school.
Graduates have attended colleges and universities in the Pittsburgh area, as well as universities such as Notre Dame, Vassar, Maryland, Georgetown, Clark, Howard and Bucknell.
The graduates have identified the following as very important to their later academic success:
- Academic curriculum
- Help and support of the teachers
- Being treated with respect and caring by the teachers and principals
- Learning to speak and communicate effectively
- Learning to complete required assignments on time
- Help and support of family members
- Relationship with the Crossroads Foundation